Company accounting in the NetherlandsTalk to an expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsDownload dutch bv (faq)
When foreign entrepreneurs decide to start a new business in the Netherlands, they will inevitably be confronted with Dutch accounting and fiscal regulations. If you are not familiar at all with these laws and regulations, it’s very important to discuss these topics with a specialist in this field. Every company will have slightly different accounting requirements, which is why it’s important that you are well-informed.
Factors to consider as a foreign entrepreneur
Before considering setting up a company in the Netherlands, you should be aware that you will need to adhere to a wide plethora of Dutch tax regulations and laws. Every legal entity has its specific unique requirements, which means you will need to consider what kind of laws you can comply with realistically. Not all companies are required to file a tax return, for example, such as an NGO.
Our finance and tax team is specialized at assisting foreign entrepreneurs and businessmen with their Netherlands businesses. We have assisted hundreds of foreign owned companies with their Dutch accounting. Because of our specialization, we are always up-to-date on the latest international tax and accounting developments that might affect your business.
Our Business Startup Administration Services
- Advice on accounting in the Netherlands
- Applying for an Article 23 license (can be beneficial for import- and export companies)
- Consultation on hiring staff and the Dutch pay rolling requirements (if you hire staff)
- Informing you on deductible business expenses, and the practicalities of the Dutch accounting system
- Our firm will be your company’s fiscal representative in a VAT application.
Besides our consultations early on in the company formation process, we can also assist you with the continuous requirements.
Our Continuous Administration Services
Accounting And Compliance Regulations
Therefore, we need to identify each new client under the Dutch AML regulations.
However, this did not stop us from providing our customers with exceptional service when it comes to their accounting matters. We are passionate about the fight against fraud and as part of our value system we completely support the transparent and honest laws of our country.
Our Continuous Administration Services
If you start a company in the Netherlands, you will need to be knowledgeable about Dutch administrative requirements and the tax laws in the country. These requirements depend on certain factors, such as the legal entity you choose for your company, the size of your company and whether it’s a corporate structure. When drafting a financial report, this should at the very least contain the following information:
- A balance sheet
- The profit and loss account
- If applicable, notes belonging to the accounts
Especially if you set up a Dutch BV, you will need to take into consideration that you need to prepare yearly financial statements by Dutch law. If your company is operational, you will need to take into account the following:
- You always need to provide information about possible underlying subsidiaries
- If there are any loans you took on with your company, you will need to be able to show proper loan agreements including the exact amount of interest you pay
- If you have any assets that are worth more than 450 euros, these need to be activated on the balance sheet
- Any abbreviations on assets must be explained
Some Of Our Recent Clients
Why Hire A Professional Administrator
Our team is specialized in foreign-owned businesses that operate in the Netherlands, we know the intricate details and complexities that most foreign entrepreneurs will face.
Our services are aimed at companies of every shape and size, provided that you set up a Dutch business. We work with small webshops and large multinationals, offering competitive rates and an efficient process. We are also XERO certified, which is beneficial especially for webshops, since the sharing of financial information is very easy that way. All transactions are swiftly and easily processed, which saves you a lot of work.
Our team of professional administrators can provide you with all legal fiscal and accounting requirements, so you can focus on your core business. It is also up to us to make sure that you are up to date with your accounting at all times and that your accounting documents are legally reviewed and audited at a continuous basis. So you can be sure to have fulfilled all legal obligations.
What are the annual accounting requirements?
- The drafting of your financial statements
- The filing of your Corporate Income Tax Return
- You also need to submit your abbreviated statements to the Dutch Chamber of Commerce
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have a Dutch director for my Netherlands company’s tax status?
If I don’t have any transactions, why would I need to have accounting services?
What is the added value for me to have a Dutch accountant?
Am I, as foreign entrepreneur required to know all accounting and tax requirements in the Netherlands?
What other services do you offer?
What is the benefit of having ICS request a VAT number for my firm?
About Intercompany Solutions
- Application of VAT & EORI Number
- Checking a VAT Number
- Dutch Substance Requirements
- How you can claim back paid VAT
- The requirements for Dutch invoices
- Finding out whether your Dutch company is a tax resident
- Processing EU Transactions in VAT Return
- ABC Transactions
- Providing information about administrative and audit requirements
- Tax Liabilities For Residents & Non-Residents
- Inform you about all deductible expenses
- We can prepare financial statements for you