Key sectors: the top three industries in the Netherlands
The Netherlands is one of the ten largest exporters in the world. The food industry is one of the largest industries in the country, while other vast industries are: energy, chemistry, negotiation, machinery, metallurgy, electrical commodities plus sign services, plus sign foreigners.
The Netherlands is one of the world's largest exporters of food products plus agricultural products, thanks to the highly mechanized agricultural sector plus innovative agro-food technology, the promising geographical location in the heart of Europe, the mild weather plus the flat fertile floor.
The Dutch agro-industry focuses on international export is laundry before almost 21% of the country's total export value. The Netherlands is in the first position in the European Union (EU), provided that it is in second place in the world, after the United States (US), due to the export of agricultural products.
The agricultural industry provides employment to 4% of the Dutch workforce plus produces vast remnants before the food plus processing industry. One part of the food plus agricultural products exported from the Netherlands includes tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, apples, flowers, and flower bulbs.
Open a food or agricultural company in The Netherlands
The energy industry in the Netherlands is one of the main export products of the country plus sign, provided that the source of employment is plus sign patriotic income.
As estimated, 25% of natural gas reserves in the European Union (EU) are located in the Netherlands. Expansive natural gas supplies were discovered in the Netherlands in 1959 and have generated significant revenues for decades. The Netherlands has had no other mining resources since the closure of the coal industry in 1974.
The Groningen Gasveld, situated during Slochteren, is one of the largest natural gas fields in the country.
More information on opening an energy company in The Netherlands.
The chemical industry in the Netherlands is one of the most important economic sectors in the country.
- The country is home to the headquarters of 19 of the world's foremost multinational chemical companies, including Royal Dutch Shell, DSM, AkzoNobel and BASF.
- The Netherlands is home to research institutions such as the Netherlands Organization before Applied Natural Sciences Research (TNO) plus numerous universities.
- The country is also one of Europe's leading suppliers of chemical products and services. The extensive transport network in the Netherlands makes raw materials easily accessible.
- The chemical industry focuses on developing smart materials and solutions in five areas: health care, energy, food security, and many more.
It's clear that with an advanced and healthy economy across a range of sectors, the Netherlands is an inviting prospect for foreign entrepreneurs. Contact ICS who can help guide you through the inevitable red tape that surrounds starting up a new company in the Netherlands.
- Want to innovate in the green energy or clean tech sector? Start your business in the Netherlands
- Netherlands measures for additional CO2 reduction
- Foreign multinational corporations & the Netherlands annual budget
- Tax treaty denounced between the Netherlands and Russia per January the 1st, 2022
- How to set up a business as a young entrepreneur